I want to remind everyone who posts here that we do have rules that we need you to follow, particularly those concerning witch hunts and the posting of personal information such as names and usernames.
In the past few hours I've removed nearly two dozen posts from users who were so offended by a reddit comment or social media post that they submitted a post here calling out the person who said it. These posts included personal information that would allow someone to find or contact the subject of the post. This is against the rules of the sub and, in many cases, against the rules of reddit. We can't have people submitting content that can get the subreddit banned.
Just so nobody is surprised, you may be permanently banned without warning from r/trashy if you post any of the following:
- Links to social media profiles, either in comments or as submissions, of people or posts you find offensive. This includes links to youtube channels that you feel feel are offensive.
- Uncensored usernames in images or videos of social media posts, including youtube videos and channels. That includes your username or verified usernames, depending on the context. Best to just remove them all.
- Direct links to comments or posts on reddit that you feel are offensive.
- Screenshots of reddit posts or comments that contain any information that can be used to find the subject of the post.
- Revenge porn of any kind, even if you're calling out the person who originally posted it.
If you're posting something that you found on reddit you must remove all usernames, including yours, as well as any subreddit and title information. People can find the subject of the post through the post title, subreddit name, or your post history. There should be nothing in the image that identifies how to find the subject.
It's understandable that you would feel that some people and what they say need to be highlighted and called out, but that's not what this subreddit is for. We cannot allow witch hunts or personal army posts here, even well-intentioned ones. If you find something on reddit that upsets you enough to want to submit these kinds of posts then please report it to the mods of the subreddit where you found them or to the admins. If you feel strongly that a public spectacle is required then please do it in your own subreddit.
For people who are new to our subreddit, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our rules.
Rule 1: Behave yourself.
- Excessively derogatory comments unrelated to TrashTM are not allowed.
- Bullying is not allowed.
- Toxic behavior of any kind is banned.
- To extend the rule above, heated "social justice" wars are not allowed on this subreddit. This rule encompasses the following hot-button topics: gender, trans*, rape, child support and alimony, race, "cultural marxism", slut shaming, fat positivity, Men's Rights, feminism, and anything related. If you feel the need to climb onto the soapbox about one of these issues, find one of the dozens of threads that pop up about it on every large sub, every day. You are not going to enact social change by having an impassioned discussion on a sub that champions people pissing in public. Respectful threads on these issues will be tolerated.
- No witch hunts.
- Do not direct link any personal information or social media profiles.
Rule 2: Submissions must be appropriate for this subreddit.
- No images of those whose "trashiness" is clearly the result of a serious mental illness.
- No pictures of people in healthcare settings (e.g. doctor's office, hospital, clinic waiting room) that they didn't take and post publicly themselves (aka no doctor's office creepshots).
- No porn.
- No child abuse or animal abuse.
- No child porn.
- No fake trash.
- No gore or death videos and pictures.
- No reposts.
- No license plates.
- Remove all family names / usernames from submissions. Any information that can be used to find the subjects posted here is banned.
- All NSFW posts must be marked NSFW.
- No memes / image macros. This includes social media status updates consisting solely of memes / image macros.
- Posts must be TrashyTM of their own accord, context is helpful but not sufficient to make it TrashyTM.
- Please make an effort with your title.
- All social media posts that do not include a photo must include the comments.
- No mass-produced novelty items such as bumper stickers, window decals or commonly posted t-shirt designs.
Thanks for your help with this.